2014 Trail Work Schedule
Click on the name of the trail project to sign up!
Boulder Mountainbike Alliance is raising funds and volunteer power to repair and re-build trails damaged by the flood waters. Money raised will be allocated to trail and restoration projects, propelling volunteerism, purchasing tools, training trail crew leaders and reinvigorating the riding experience in Boulder County. Throughout 2013 and 2014, BMA will be working with its agency, business and non-profit partners to organize trail work days and harness our community's volunteer energy and muscle.
In addition to addressing flood damage, the BMA Trail Fund will fuel efforts to build an improved and expanded trail system at Magnolia with the USFS and to realize regional trail connections throughout the county.
List of What We'll be Spending TRAIL FUND $$ on:
- We're shooting for 15 trail project next yr (vs 10 this yr)
- Maintaining the Marshall Mesa/Doudy Draw trail system
- An additional trail crew leader training (2 per yr vs 1)
- A volunteer coordinator to organize and oversee trail projects
- BMA merchandise for the most dedicated trail builders (e.g. crew leader shirts). Food/Beer/Props for the volunteers.
- infrastructure like bridges, signs, cattle crates, etc
- Professional trail planning/design services
- incentives to promote volunteerism and trailbuilding
More About BMA's Trail Work
Check out BMA's Trail Project History to see all the places where BMA has improved or created the trail experience for everyone.
Boulder was one of the first communities where mountain biking emerged, but and we were the first to ban it over 20 years ago. With successes like the opening of Doudy Draw Trail to mountain bikers, the creation of Picture Rock Trail, and Valmont Bike Park, we've shown that mountain bikers are good stewards and valued partners.
The City of Boulder, the County of Boulder, and the Forest Service recognize BMA as a committed partner thanks to the trail building expertise we bring to the table, and the thousands of volunteer hours we donate. Last year alone, BMA donated over $500,000 worth of volunteer time.