BOSS Ride: Walker Ranch - July 11
|Date||Wednesday, July 11|
|Ride Location||Walker Ranch
|Ride Meeting Spot||
MEYERS GULCH TRAILHEAD (This is on the right, about 1/2 mile before reaching the Walker Ranch trailhead.)
|Ride Plan||Walker Ranch Loop + Meyers Gulch connector trail (9.6 miles total)|
|Ability Level||Intermediate/Advanced (Trail Rating: T: 4 A: 7 C: 7)|
|Start Time||6:15 pm (be there at 6:00 pm to allow ample prep time)|
|Dinner and Drinks||Boulder Brewpub (TBD) afterwards for beers and food|
For those of you who came here out of curiosity, BOSS = Blow Off Some Steam. We ride every week after work, different days of the week, weather depending. All BOSS Rides are coed, no-drop rides. This ride is considered intermediate to advanced due to the steep terrain.
Check out the Walker Ranch Loop description to learn about the trail. We're going to start at the Meyer's Gulch trailhead, so there's also an easy connector trail to the Walker loop, which makes for a nice warm up. We can decide as a group how we want to attack the loop (CW, CCW, or out-to-the-steps-and-back).
Be prepared for ~2 hours of riding; plus, I probably don't need to say this, but be prepared for the possibility of cold rain.
Please RSVP for this event so we have a good headcount for the number of riders!
Hitch a ride to the trailhead! CARPOOL!!
Get with the program, and carpool! Let's meet in front of the Whole Foods store at Baseline & Broadway at 5:20. We'll depart at 5:30. Please park closer to the Taco Bell, somewhat far from the store.
Individuals who want to pre-plan carpools may add comments at the bottom of this page (click "add new comments").
What if it looks like it'll rain?
- Check this site as late as 4:00 on the day of the ride. It will be updated with the ride status.
- If you sign up for the ride, you will be notified by email if it's cancelled.
- If it's really questionable, we'll ride the Valmont Bike Park where we can easily bail if it starts to rain. Again, this web page will be updated with the status. Don't worry, we'll still head out for drinks afterwards.
Important Info about the Rides:
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic Allen wrenches.
- All riders ride at their own risk; group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- This ride launches at 6:15 pm so be at the trail head by 6:00 pm, dressed and ready to roll by 6:15 pm.
- If the weather is iffy, make sure to check the website after 4:00 pm on the day of the ride for updated info.
- For planning purposes please sign up (see below if you're signed in) for this event ahead of time. This is not mandatory, but helps us with planning. You need to be registered as a website user and as a member of the BOSS Rides Group.
If you have any trouble figuring any of this out, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2012/07/11 - 6:00pm - 8:30pm