CANCELLED DUE TO LOW ATTENDANCE AND WEATHER -GURLZ RIDE - White Ranch in Golden (Intermediate/Advanced)
About this ride
This is an intermediate/advanced ride.
This ride will not have a Sweeper, therefore riders are encouraged to be familiar with the trail to ensure they know how to get back to the cars on thier own. Spend some time before the ride to buddy up with another rider at your level/speed. The group will start out together, but you should expect the ladies to spread out based on ability. Afterward, we will reconvene around 8:00 pm at the cars and decide where to go for dinner.
This Thursday we will head south to Golden and tackle White Ranch. Our group will make its way all the way up Belcher Hill. Make no mistake, this is a serious slog, so don't worry if you're not feeling up to it--there will be other opportunities to bust a lung. We will probably descend one of the more technical trails back to the bottom, this is comparable to riding down the Bitterbrush trail at Hall Ranch. If desired, there may be an option to break into one or two more groups which can spin up Belcher for as long as they like, then head back the same way (the ride down is fun!)
Where to meet
If you would like to carpool, please meet at the Whole Foods parking lot (Broadway and Baseline) at 5:15PM.
Everyone will meet at the lower White Ranch Trail Head off Pine Ridge Road. To get there, take Highway 93 south from Boulder toward Golden. After the stoplight at W. 58th Avenue, take your first right onto 56th Avenue. Follow 56th until it Ts at a stop sign, and take a right. The parking lot will be just ahead.
Important info about the rides
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the trail head by 5:45 p.m., dressed and ready to roll by 6 p.m.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
- Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
Send us an email if you have any questions - email@example.com
Hope to see you Thursday!