Cancelled: Hall Ranch (Lyons) - June 6
Sorry for the late cancellation, but we don't ride in electrical storms.
DATE: Wed., June 6
RIDE LOCATION: Hall Ranch (Lyons)
MEETING SPOT: Hall Ranch Trailhead (use this link for a map)
RIDE PLAN: Bitterbrush + Nelson Loop (maybe 2X). Maybe Antelope too.
RIDE LEADER: Stan
ABILITY LEVEL: Intermediate/Advanced (Trail Rating: T:3, A:7, C:10!)
START TIME: 6:15 pm (be there at 6:00 pm to allow ample prep time)
DINNER & DRINKS: Oscar Blues afterwards for food & drinks
For those of you who came here out of curiosity, BOSS = Blow Off Some Steam. We ride every week after work, different days of the week, weather depending. All BOSS Rides are coed, no-drop rides. This ride is considered intermediate to advanced due to the rocky terrain at Heil.
If time permits, we'll ride all the trails there: Bitterbrush, Nelson Loop (maybe 2 loops), and Antelope (out and back). We'll play it by ear. If you're not familiar with these trails, their descriptions may be found here.
Be prepared for ~2 hours of riding; plus, I probably don't need to say this, but be prepared for the possibility of cold rain.
Please RSVP for this event so we have a good headcount for the number of riders!
Hitch a ride to the trailhead! CARPOOL!!
Get with the program, and carpool! Set up carpools through the comment section at the bottom of this event (below the signups). If you would like to carpool, please meet at Namaste Solar on 4751 North Broadway at 5:30, and leave by 5:40.
Individuals who want to pre-plan carpools may add comments at the bottom of this page (click "add new comments").
What if it looks like it'll rain?
- Check this site as late as 4:00 on the day of the ride. It will be updated with the ride status.
- If you sign up for the ride, you will be notified by email if it's cancelled.
- If it's really questionable, we'll ride the Valmont Bike Park where we can easily bail if it starts to rain. Again, this web page will be updated with the status. Don't worry, we'll still head out for drinks afterwards.
Important Info about the Rides:
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic Allen wrenches.
- All riders ride at their own risk; group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- This ride launches at 6:15 pm so be at the trail head by 6:00 pm, dressed and ready to roll by 6:15 pm.
- If the weather is iffy, make sure to check the website after 4:00 pm on the day of the ride for updated info.
- For planning purposes please sign up (see below if you're signed in) for this event ahead of time. This is not mandatory, but helps us with planning. You need to be registered as a website user and as a member of the BOSS Rides Group.
If you have any trouble figuring any of this out, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org