First Gurlz Ride of 2011 - April 7th
The BMA Gurlz Ridez are starting up for 2011! Whoo Hooo!
We are going start out easy on some relatively mellow North Boulder Trails. Meet at the Four Mile Creek Trailhead (it's labeled South Foothills on the map) at 5:45 pm. We need ample prep time for everyone to complete a new waiver and sign in, so please be on time. The ride will depart promptly at 6:00 pm.
1. All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic Allen wrenches.
2. All riders ride at their own risk; group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
3. Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot. We wil bring new waivers to the ride.l
4. Rides launch at 6:00 pm so be at the trail head by 5:45 pm, dressed and ready to roll, foot-in-pedal (FIP) by 6:00 pm.
5. If the weather is iffy, make sure to check the website after 3:00 pm on Thursdays for updated info.
6. For planning purposes and so that we can assure the City that we will meet permitting requirements, please sign up for this event ahead of time. You need to be registered as a website user and as a member of the Gurlz Ride Group. Click here for instructions on how to do so.
This ride locaiton is close to town, so no prearranged car pools. However, feel free to set up car pools through the blog feature of the BMA website via the comment section.
Dinner and drinks will follow the ride at a location TBD.
If you have any trouble figuring any of this out, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking. Hope to see you on Thursday!