GURLZ RIDE - Walker Ranch (Intermediate/Advanced)
About this ride
This is still an intermediate/advanced ride.
This ride will not have a Sweeper, therefore riders are encouraged to be familiar with the trail to ensure they know how to get back to the cars on thier own. Spend some time before the ride to buddy up with another rider at your level/speed. The group will start out together, but you should expect the ladies to spread out based on ability. Afterward, we will reconvene around 8:00 pm at the cars and decide where to go for dinner.
This week we will take advantage of the long days and ride at Walker Ranch. For this ride there will be an option to break into two groups, one intermediate level group for an out and back to the top of the rocks, finishing by about 8:15. The other more advanced group, those of you with experience riding Walker and feeling zesty, will make its way around the entire 8 mile loop. Don't let distances deceive you; this trail will take a fast moving group until almost dark to complete without any mechanicals!
Where to meet
If you would like to carpool, please meet at the Baseline/Broadway Whole Foods parking lot at 5:25PM.
We will meet at the main Walker Ranch Trail Head off Flagtaff Road (not the Myers Homestead Trail Head the group met at the last time).
Important info about the rides
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the trail head by 5:45 p.m., dressed and ready to roll by 6 p.m.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
- Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
Send us an email if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you Thursday!