INTERMEDIATE GURLZ RIDE - Sourdough Trail from the South
There are TWO rides this day; This one, an Intermediate ride tackling Sourdough from the south, and another one, an Advanced Ride tackling Sourdough from the north (click here to check the Advanced ride out).
THE INTERMEDIATE RIDE WILL START EARLY at 5:30. This ride will not have a Sweeper, therefore riders are encouraged to be familiar with the trail to ensure they know how to get back to the cars on thier own. Spend some time before the ride to buddy up with another rider at your level/speed. The group will start out together, but you should expect the ladies to spread out based on ability. Afterward, we will reconvene around 8:00 pm at the cars and head down to Murphy's in Iris and 28th for dinner with the advanced ride group.
This intermediate ride will take you up to the mountains to ride the Sourdough Trail off the Peak to Peak Hwy. This trail is a six mile out and back (12 miles total) between the UofC Mountain Research Ctr. and Brainard Lake. This is a challenging ride with lots of rough, rocky terrain. This will be a great opportunity to work on your technical skills, so don't be shy about coming out.
Where to Meet
Meet at The Justice Center parking lot at 6th and Canyon in Boulder to carpool. This will be a late night, so we will aim for all carpoolers to leave Boulder by 4:45pm. I know this time can be a challenge with work schedules, so please plan accordingly and see if you can leave a few minutes early (maybe go in early to make up for it).
If you can't make it to the carpool spot in time, please meet us at the South Sourdough Trailhead and be ready to ride at 5:30p.
The map isn't very detailed so here are the driving directions:
From the intersection of Broadway and Canyon in Boulder, go 16 miles west up Canyon Road (Highway 119) to Nederland (you could also take Sugarloaf Rd to the Peak to Peak Hwy). Take the second exit from the traffic circle, heading north on CO 72/Peak to Peak Highway and go 7 miles north. Turn left onto County Road116 (there is a sign for the University of Colorado Research Station at this point) go about .5 mile to the parking lot on the left, trail starts across the road.
... or use this Google Maps link to get directions to the Rainbow Lakes Trailhead.
Important info about the rides
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- This ride launches at 5:30 pm so be at the trail head on time, dressed and ready to roll by 5:30 pm.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
- Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
Send us an email if you have any questions - email@example.com
Hope to see you Thursday!