Skills Clinic: POSTPONED
Due to trail closures at Valmont Bike Park, this clinic has been posponed indefinitely.
Bring out the novices!
We love to ride and we want you to love it too, so we are opening this novice level clinic to Non-Members! This is a special offer for this clinic only. Tell a friend!
Are you still trying to remember which brake is which? Are you terrified of that rock everyone else seems to roll right over? Do you secretly wonder if a bike seat will ever feel comfortable?
If you're brand new to riding (or just feel like you are), come on out to this clinic to learn the basics of riding, feel more confident on the bike, and meet others who are just starting out too. We'll spend time going over fundamentals like riding position, braking without going over the handlebars, cornering and bike safety. We'll also reserve time at the end so you can ask all of your bike questions, because we all started off right where you are now, and when we did, we had LOTS of questions.
Whether you're just getting started or have a friend you'd like to introduce to mountain biking, join us for this BMA skills clinic created just for novices. Space is limited and our clinics fill up quickly, so sign up now!
Time & Location
Wednesday, September 18
|Ride Location||Valmont Bike Park|
|Ride Meeting Spot||Valmont Bike Park, south parking lot off of Valmont Road|
5:30 - 7:30 p.m. (be there by 5:15 pm to allow ample prep time)
What should I bring?
Please have your bikes in good working order. It should be a mountain bike. Helmets are mandatory. Gloves, knee and elbow pads are encouraged. Bring a snack and water and dress appropriately for the weather. The use of flat pedals is highly encouraged for these classes.
Open to the first 12 participants who sign up!
We only have space for 12 people, and this will definitely fill up so if you sign up and can't make it, please email us at email@example.com so that we can open up your space for another person.
About the Instructors
Instructor Kristin Butcher has taught clinics across the country and you can read her column, Butcher Paper, in BIKE Magazine. Additional instruction will be provided by BMA's Dawna Graham, an IMBA Level 2 Certified Instructor. No matter how you ride your bike, you're about to ride it better!
We try to keep our expenses low and then pass that savings onto our members. Our goal is to make rides accessible and to grow our cycling community. To help us cover a variety of administrative costs we are suggesting that participants make a donation to the BMA:
$20 suggested donation
You can make your donation here, or bring your donation when you attend the clinic. PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP BELOW to ensure that your name is on our list.
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
- Class will be canceled if there is heavy rain, high wind, or temperatures below freezing. Light rain is fine. In the event of inclement weather, please check your email the day of the class to see if the class has been canceled.
- If the class that you'd like to attend is full, contact the lead instructor to be put on the wait list. You will be contacted if there is a cancellation.
Send us an email if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!