Skills on the Trail with Sonya Looney & Kristin Butcher - FULL
THIS EVENT IS FULL
Tuesday, July 9
|Ride Location||Marshall Mesa Trails|
|Ride Meeting Spot||Marshall Mesa Trailhead|
6:00 pm (be there at 5:45 pm to allow ample prep time)
This event is open to BMA Members. If you're not a member, become a BMA Member by clicking here
About this ride
This week we are having a 2 hour on the trail skills clinic with professional mountain biker Sonya Looney as well as biking industry columnist and long time mtb instructor Kristin Butcher! No matter how you ride your bike, you're about to ride it better!
What we will cover:
This ride will break into two groups of 10 based on interest and ability. For the first hour we will cover the core skills, then for the second hour we will focus on whatever the group wants (and is ready for). Expect to dial in position, braking, cornering and climbing.
What you need:
You should have decent basic bike control. Your bike should fit you and be in good working order. It should be a mountain bike. You need to have a helmet and gloves. Additional padding is encouraged.
What levels can attend this clinic?
This clinic is an on the trail, all-levels ride. We will break into 2 groups of 10, based on ability/interest. This is a beginner friendly, bike skills clinic, however if you're an advanced rider don't be shy about joining in - everyone will take something away from this clinic!
This clinic is open to the first 20 ladies who sign up!
It will definitely fill up so if you sign up and can't make it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can open up your space for another person.
We love to ride and we know that you do so we try to keep our expenses low and then pass that savings onto our members. Our goal is to make rides accessible and to grow our cycling community. To help us cover a variety of administrative costs we are suggesting that participants make a donation to the BMA:
BMA Members: $20 suggested donation
Non-members: Membership is required to participate in this event. If you're not a member you can become a member by clicking here.
You can make your donation here, or bring your donation when you attend the clinic. PLEASE ALSO MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP BELOW to ensure that your name is on our list.
Time & Location
Location: Meet at the Marshall Mesa Trailhead
Time: 6:00 p.m. - please arrive early to set up your bike so we can be ready to ride at 6.
Important info about the rides
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- Rides launch at 6:00 p.m. so be at the trail head by 5:45 p.m., dressed and ready to roll by 6 p.m.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check the blog after 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays for updated info.
- Please don't be shy about coming out - all of us love biking and would like to hang out with girls that are interested in biking.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
Send us an email if you have any questions - email@example.com