South Sourdough Trail: June 19
|Tues., June 19|
|Ride Location||South Sourdough Trail|
Ride Meeting Spot
South Sourdough Trailhead, at Rainbow Lakes Rd (use this link for a map)
Start at the south end of trail, ride north. Out and back. 12 miles RT, ~1700 ft of climbing.
|Ability Level||Intermediate/Advanced (Trail Rating: T:3, A:7, C:7).|
|Start Time||6:30 pm (be there at 6:15 pm to allow ample prep time)|
|Dinner and Drinks||Nederland pub afterwards for food & drinks|
For those of you who came here out of curiosity, BOSS = Blow Off Some Steam. We ride every week after work, different days of the week, weather depending. All BOSS Rides are coed, no-drop rides. This ride is considered intermediate to advanced due to the rocky terrain at Heil.
While the sun sets around 8:45, and weather forecasts are for Boulder temps in the 90's, this is the time of year to ride up at high elevations! Be prepared for ~2 hours of riding and a good climb; plus, I probably don't need to say this, but be prepared for cold rain.
Please RSVP for this event so we have a good headcount for the number of riders!
Hitch a ride to the trailhead! CARPOOL!!
Let's meet at the Justice Center parking lot (southwest corner, near the creek trail) at 5:20, and leave no later than 5:30. The Justice Center parking lot is at the SE corner of Canyon & 6th St.
Individuals who want to pre-plan carpools may add comments at the bottom of this page (click "add new comments").
What if it looks like it'll rain?
- Check this site as late as 4:00 on Wed. It will be updated with the ride status.
- Sign up for the ride. You will be notified by email if it's cancelled.
- If it's really questionable, we'll ride the Valmont Bike Park where we can easily bail if it starts to rain. Again, this web page will be updated with the status. Don't worry, we'll still head out for drinks afterwards.
Important Info about the Rides:
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike. Riders should also carry the usual basics: spare tube(s), a pump, tire levers, a chain tool, and basic Allen wrenches.
- All riders ride at their own risk; group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. If this is your first ride of the season, please bring a signed waiver with you or be prepared to complete one at the meeting spot.
- This ride launches at 6:30 pm so be at the trail head by 6:15 pm, dressed and ready to roll by 6:30 pm.
- If the weather is iffy, make sure to check the website after 4:00 pm on the rie day for updated info.
- For planning purposes please sign up (see below if you're signed in) for this event ahead of time. This is not mandatory, but helps us with planning. You need to be registered as a website user and as a member of the BOSS Rides Group.
If you have any trouble figuring any of this out, drop us an email at email@example.com