In spite of the gloomy weather lurking, I was determined to be on the trail yesterday, As expected, I smiled the whole ride through. Then I smiled again making this video. There is no better prozac than riding a mountain bike.
We need to let this blog embed video :(.
David met up with me in Nederland about 8am Sunday to head on out and ride some trails and see how the snow melting is coming along. We had a great day, slow at parts, but wonderful weather and excellent single track just putting a smile on our faces and making the bikes happy. Here are some pictures....
1) Great Single track o plenty for the day
2) A few Moose Cows--no mom in site at Mud Lake.
3) Riding up Caribou Road to the mine site/505
4) 505 gate and lots of snow to ski on! Not quite ready for the connection over to Eldora
5) Some trail work on Bus trail--emptying puddles and moving fallen trees.
6) Above Ore Crusher on Bus--we already had climbed through several drifts but this was the end of the line--the stream on the back side of this drift was 6 feet wide and 1.5 deep. Going to be a bit longer for sure!
Overall we rode 36 miles and climbed 4600ft that day--super fun! John