What it's all about
The BMA Gurlz Mountain Bike Rides are weekly women-only rides in the Boulder area. They are about more than just riding. They are about fun, post-ride drinks, and the camaraderie that comes with seeing yourself progress over time.
Our rides take place on a variety of trails in the Boulder County area. This year we are trying something different by alternating our rides between Wednesdays and Thursdays. Our Wednesday rides are "no drop rides", these are geared towards all levels from beginner to advanced - this is a great option if you are new to the trail or new to riding in general, with an option for the 'fast' girls to head out on their own. Our Thursday rides will go at a faster pace, and are generally intended for riders who are familiar with the trails and have some level of riding experience - these rides may not have a sweeper. Rides that are not well-suited for beginners will be noted as such on the weekly ride posting.
Check the calendar to see our schedule. We finish every ride by gathering at a local establishment for food and drinks.
All rides are free.
When and where?
We ride on alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Check out the BMA Calendar of Events to see the 2013 ride schedule (the Gurlz Rides have a red bar at the top, but while you're there don't forget to check out the other cool rides/events that the BMA has to offer!)
Please RSVP if you're planning to join us so that we know to expect you.
Rides begin May 2!
So how do you get involved? It's easy!
- Come out and ride! New rides will be announced on the BMA calendar (Gurlzrides have the red bar at the top)
- Click on the "join this group" green button at the top of this page to join up!
- After you've joined the group, you can RSVP for rides, suggest rides of your own, and comment on the blog
- After a ride, be sure to read the blog to see pictures and stories from previous rides
- If you're interested in helping out, check our Wishlist for ways to contribute
Have any questions about our group, an upcoming ride, or the meaning of life? Drop us an email at email@example.com