Join the Patrol
Recruiting for 2016 is closed! To get on the list for 2017, please send us an email expressing your interest and we will let you know when recruiting opens next year.
In the mean time see the infomation below to learn more about what is involved. While we are serious about improving mountain biking's image and helping others we have a lot fun too! Being a part of the patrol is both rewarding and fun.
- Ride your bike! Wear the patrol placard and name tag while helping and advising fellow trail users.
- Practice proper trail ettiquette and yielding, leading by example.
- Interact with other trail users. Be positive and helpful.
- Log a quick report via an online form after each patrol.
- Social events - group rides, parties, trips to out-of-town biking destinations, and much more.
- First Aid and CPR training opportunities.
- Chance to meet and ride with other mountain bikers.
- Giving back to the mountain bike community = priceless!
- Attend and complete the annual training.
- Log a minimum of 24 patrol hours per calendar year.
- Complete a brief interview and pass a volunteer screening and background check.
- Have a mountain bike in good working condition.
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow and promote IMBA's Rules of the Trail.
- Training is once per year in March.
- All patrollers, both new and returning, will be required to attend.
- Specific times are TBD but veteran patrollers should arrive in the morning and will done by lunch.
- New patrollers should expect a full day of training and learning.